Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Let Me Clear My Throat ...

So, it has officially been 3 weeks since I got my sickness (some viral cough/chest cold, horrific, painful sickness) and I think I am finally on the ass-end of this awful thing. I finally have a voice again, the headache and bodyache is gone but I still have a lot of crap in my throat that I just can't seem to get rid of. I am constantly clearing my throat and I sound like and 80-year old man who smokes 3 packs a day ... lol!! I'm trying to wean myself off of all these damn cough drops I have been sucking on because my poor tongue has officially shedded itsself and is growing a new one. My throat is still somewhat sore and raw due to the coughing (which happens mostly at night) and the constant clearing of my throat. I can't remember the last time I actually got a full nights sleep or didn't have to suck on a cough drop or throat spray before bedtime!

I cannot believe I have been sick for this long. I missed two days of work in a row which I haven't done in years - and probably should have missed two more but I couldn't afford it. I couldn't talk on the phone because I had no voice. And I couldn't eat solid or acidic food for days!

In any event, this past weekend visit from my sister, her husband and some friends was probably not the best medicine for me but I stuck it out. Paying for it now, however.

But, all in all, I think I'm going to survive. Here's hoping I am not sick like this again for a long time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment