Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Recipe/Side Dish: Green Beans with Red Pepper

Green Beans with Red Peppers.

This is a dish I never though I would try due to the red peppers as I am not (was not) a red pepper fan. However, the recipe called to me for some reason and it sounded delicious so I thought I would give it a try and boy was I right! This recipe was a huge success at multiple Christmas dinners and even just as a quick, easy anynight side-dish. The slices of red pepper give the green beans such a good flavor, along with some added salt or lemon pepper salt!! I promise you will note be disappointed with this recipe.



5 ServingsPrep
Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients


* 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
* 1/3 cup water
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 3/4 cup sliced sweet red pepper
* 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Directions

Place beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter; add red pepper and shallot.
Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until red pepper is crisp-tender.

Drain beans; stir into red pepper mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with almonds.


* Yield: 5 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment