This is one of my all time favorite recipes to make. I love pasta and chicken and I love using rotel in practically anything so this meal was/is perfect. Another from my favorite cooking magazine, Simple & Delicious by Taste of Home!
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (9 oz each) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (6 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies (** I often substitue a can of rotel for these)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms and onion; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; toss with butter.
- Serve with chicken mixture;
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Yield: 5 servings.
Source: Taste of Home
Direct Link to Recipe HERE