Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sick of Being Sick

Well, after two serious days of downtime, I am back to the land of the living. Starting Monday night I had a terrible, painful cough. First, I thought it was the spicy Taco Bell that I had but when I started having coughing fits in the middle of the night, I knew it was something more. I woke up feeling as if a freight train had ran me over, backed up and ran me over again. My throat was so sore, I couldn't stop coughing, which lead to uncontrollable burping. Not to mention the terrible headache, bodyache and earache pain I was having. Seriously, how did this come about so quickly? I had to call into work and spent the entire day on the couch coughing my brains out.

I was hoping that after some drugs, lots of liquids and a good nights rest I might be okay to head back to work on Wednesdays but no such luck. My throat was absolutely killing me, my body felt like I had been put in a dryer and beaten to death and my head and ears were throbbing. So, there went another sick day and back to the couch I went. After more drugs, more water, and more rest - I was finally able to make it to work today, Thursday, but I am still moving at the pace of a snail. I can't go 5 minutes without a cough drop in my mouth and a drink of water, which is not good for my pea-sized bladder.

Below you will see a picture of a few of my "saviors" during this brush with death! Mind you, these were not all taken at the same time and I made sure to read up on everything to see what could be taken together and what should not.

I'll tell you one thing, I better have "Abs of Steel" after all of this coughing I have been doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment