Thursday, April 14, 2011

12 down ...

So, I am happy to say that after getting on the scale this morning, I have lost about 12 pounds in approximately four (4) months!!  I got up to about 137 pounds and for me that was a bit of a shocker. For the past 4-5 years, I have been hovering around 126 pounds which I was pretty happy with.  Did I need a bit of "toning", of course ... but it just wasn't a priority.  The bottom line is I hate exercising.  I honestly don't think I have "worked out" since high school!  But ... as the scale kept creeping up over 130 and higher and higher ... it really started to bother me. Not to mention, a lot of my clothes, especially pants and jeans, were getting too tight and some of them, unwearable.  I know a lot of people look at me and say that I am so thin and I look great ... but just because I'm not "fat" or "obese" doesn't mean that I am not "overweight" or unhealthy, you know?  And to be honest, I get tired of people saying that to me.  And not to mention, I am only 5' 3" and 137 is a bit too much in my opinion!

So, first of all I started making some changes in my diet, especially cutting back my on my week night drinking. I'm not an alcoholic by any means but I am very unhappy at my job and my way of unwinding every night was with 2-3 glasses of wine.  And as we all know, those "empty calories" add up very quickly!!  Then, once I started paying attention to what I was eating and hitting the treadmill more frequently, the pounds slowly started to drop!

While I am happy to see the number dropping, I am more concerned with toning everything up just a bit! :-)   As I have said before, I'm aiming for somewhere between 115-120 pounds before I leave for vacation. So, with 5 weeks left, I think I'm on the right track. I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and keep pushing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment