Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A little bit goes a long way ...

Well, not to toot my own horn but I am quite proud of myself tonight.  Throughout the day, I was looking forward to working out this evening. Seeing the scale keep going down is really helping motivate me to keep up the hard work.  I even managed to get in 60 squats, 60 lateral leg lifts and 60 calf raises as well as go all the way down and back up 13 flights of stairs ... and that was all while I was at work!

On my way home, I was still in the mindset of working out and then relaxing on the couch watching Idol and Grey's.  But, when I got home, my motivation was gone for some reason. I thought that since I had been doing such a good job, I was going reward myself and have a night off.  But, as time passed I kept thinking about it and felt "bad" for not doing working out.  So, despite not wanting to - I decided to just walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  Nothing extravagant but hey, it's better than nothing, right?  So, as I approached the 20 minute mark, I thought to myself just do 25 minutes ... it's only 5 more minutes?  Then, as I was approaching the 25 minutes I noticed I had almost walked 2 miles so I decided I should at least get in 2 miles. Then, once I hit the 2 miles, I was less than 10 calories away from 280 calories and I pushed myself for 10 more calories! I probably could have pushed for 20 more calories but I was miserably hot and starving so I was satisfied with what I had accomplished.

So, all in all I am quite proud of myself for managing to talk myself out of the mindset of not working out all the way to walking (and a few sprints) to 2 miles and burning 280 calories!  To "celebrate" I made myself a delicious serving a spaghetti - which I measured out to 1 serving of pasta (only 2 ounces ...boo!) and 1/2 cup of sauce ... and topped it off with two 5-ounce glasses of red wine.  And, thanks to my work on the treadmill, I still manage to say under my 1,200 calorie goal for the day!  Go Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment