Monday, April 18, 2011

Manic Monday

Wow ... what a day today was. The Monday of all Mondays. It's days like these before I was not trying to get in shape that I would go home and pretty much down a bottle of wine in one night.  I won't deny, the thought crossed my mind more than once today ... in fact, my Facebook status around 5:00 p.m. today was this:  Here's hoping I have the strength to let out all my frustrations on the treadmill tonight versus with a glass ... err ... bottle of wine?!

But, I knew that wouldn't really help my mood in the long run, nor would it be beneficial to me physically.  So, I bit the bullet and put all my energy into the treadmill tonight.  And, I think I did a pretty good job.  I did a combo of walking, running and incline for a total of 35+ minutes, went 2.5 miles and burned almost 400 calories!!!  And that doesn't even include taking the stairs down and back up as well as all the misc. upper and lower body strength training I did.  

So, all in all, not too bad for a day's work ... especially a Monday!  Only 5 weeks until Jamaica so hopefully I can keep this going!  

For your viewing pleasure, "Manic Monday" by The Bangles: 


It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday
~ The Bangles

No comments:

Post a Comment