Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just call me the Stairmaster ...

So, as many of you know, my co-worker and I try and take the stairs once at day at work.  We go from the first floor all the way to the 14th floor (which is actually the 13th floor but per superstition, there is not a 13th floor ... blah!).  We usually take the elevator down and then climb all the way to the top. Anyways, on Thursday we decided we would try and go down the stairs first and then back up.  Bad idea ... about halfway back up the stairs, my butt and calves were burning like crazy.  After I was done, my legs were weak and my calf muscles were so tight I was seriously worried about a charlie horse! Yikes!! But, as they say ... "no pain, no gain" ... right?  Well the pain part is right at least!!! 

I woke up the next day and my legs were killing me, especially my calves. Walking wasn't so bad but when I had to get out of my chair ... I did so a bit slower than normal! I know, it sounds pathetic, however, going down the stairs uses your muscles in a different way so I'm assuming that's why I was hurting more than normal. 

However, I didn't want to be a pansy so I did it again on Friday afternoon.  Again, it wasn't easy but I managed to get the job done.  Now it's Saturday night and I'm still not sure I made the right choice ... ha!  My poor calves are in so much pain right now!  But, it's not going to stop me. I have a goal and I'm going to get to it no matter how many stairs I have to go down or up to get there.  I think I need to start stretching more and it won't be as painful in the future.  So ... bring on the stairs on Monday ... I'm ready!!


No comments:

Post a Comment