Monday, April 4, 2011

Jamaican Me Crazy

Wow ... it's been a while since I have blogged! I'm sure you all missed me terribly. I thought I would try and put this blog to good use and start blogging about my goal for getting fit for my upcoming vacation to Jamaica in May. So, I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or words of encouragement as I try and reach my goal over the next 46 days.

So, I've been "working out" now for almost 2 months to get prepared for my upcoming vacation to Jamaica on May 21, 2011. Until now, I wasn't really keeping track of my foods or exercises physically, i.e. on paper or logging them on the computer. In that time .. I have seen my weight drop from it's highest at 137 down to about 129. Some might think that's great and while I think it is, isn't not enough. Although the number has gone down, I really haven't seen many physical changes with the exception of losing what little bit of ta-tas I have up top! Sigh ....

So, today I decided I needed to really buckle down and start putting more effort into getting into shape. I'm going to try and start logging what I eat daily, as well as logging my exercises. I'm going to try and put in more time on the treadmill as well as increase my strength exercises. I have two 3-pound weights, one 5-pound weight, one 5-pound kettle ball, a weighted jump rope, resistance bands and a new exercise ball. I have plenty of equipment to keep things interesting so I don't get bored. Now, I think I need to make some type of "schedule" to help me stay on track each week so I'm trying to come up with that this week.

Anyways, I know it's not going to be easy to get to where I want to be given I only have about 7 weeks to go, however, I'm not going to stop trying until I hop on that plane! So, fingers crossed I can keep this up. I know I'll have some slip ups and probably eat a few fast food meals, but hopefully I will learn to keep those down to a minimum and only allow myself to enjoy things like that if I make up for it with exercise.

So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment