Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beer Goggles

So, in trying to lose weight I am also trying to limit my alcohol intake, obviously because like most beverages, beer and wine are "empty calories".  So, in addition to cutting back my weeknight drinking to one (1) night a week (usually Thursdays during Grey's Anatomy!), I am trying to drink lower calorie beer also.  So, ones obvious choice for low calorie beer would probably be Bud Select 55, right?  Not so fast ... while Select 55 only has 55 calories, it also only has 2.4% alcohol!! Now I know why the first time I had it it took me the entire 6-pack before I felt a slight buzz! 

I suppose it depends WHY you are drinking the beer. I mean, if you just like beer itself and are trying to save some calories, then Select 55 would be the way to go. But if you are wanting to get tipsy/drunk, have a good time and save some calories, Select 55 would NOT be the way to go because you would have to drink more beer to get the tipsy/drunk feeling therefore increasing your calorie intake! 

So, for now I think I'll stick to my Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry beer with only 95 calories and 4.2% alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment